MRWC has the goal of helping people discover what makes the Millers River and its tributaries a natural treasure, one you can enjoy and help protect. MRWC welcomes your input.
MRWC Haiku of the week:Melting waters runs down hills and meet watershed KD
New feature! MRWC welcomes river/watershed themed haikus for our home page.
MRWC releases 2013 Bacteria Sampling Report. We are pleased to share our 2013 Report with the watershed community. We sampled 10 sites and in general the river continues to present itself as a great place to explore.
MRWC serving the River Community!
2013 Watershed Highlights:
- MRWC conducts 3rd straight year of volunteer supported bacteria sampling on the river. Report due in March.
- Millers River Blue Trail clean up day in May.
- MRWC introduces Trib Watch monitoring program.
- MRWC begins stream temperature study across the basin.
- Stream continuity surveys begin: Whetstone “first” stream completed.
- 2nd annual MRBT solstice paddle a BIG success.
- Upper Millers/Otter River Blue Trail plans move forward.
- Launch first phase of upper Millers/Otter Blue Trail
- Release upper Millers/Otter Blue Trail map guide
- 4th Volunteer bacteria sampling season
- Stormwater Outreach for Franklin County in partnership with FRCOG
- Expanded Trib Watch monitoring
- Additional stream temperature sites
- Macroinvertebrate sampling
- Stream flow monitoring
- Additional stream continuity/culvert surveys
- Begin work to prepare new Lower Millers River Blue Trail with white water sections along with new river map/guide.
MRWC needs volunteers to help with many of the above projects, please join MRWC in caring for the Millers River and its many tributaries.
MRWC releases 2005-09 Macro-Invertebrate report. See full report on our Resources page. Aquatic insects are good indicators of water quality.
Rain Garden Pocket Guide now available: published by the Massachusetts Watershed Coalition, this full-color guide is full of photos and illustrations that make building a rain garden simple, fun and affordable.
As a Partner in MWC’s Billion Gallons a Year (BGY) Stormwater Reduction Campaign, MRWC will provide a free copy of the Guide to watershed residents and businesses, while they last. Please contact MRWC to request a copy of the Guide. A modified pdf version of the Guide is also available for download. Contact us
Blue Trail The adventures continued in 2014!
Millers River Blue Trail Guide available. MRWC has released the official Millers River Blue Trail guide in (2) versions, a $3 waterproof edition and a complimentary non-waterproof version. A number of local retailers are carrying the waterproof guide while the complimentary copy can be found at the Athol & Orange public libraries.